Saturday, October 13, 2007

Internet Evolution

CMP has started a new collective blog at the new Internet Evolution, and asked me to get involved along with a roster of very, very interesting people, including these folks, and a long list of others:

  1. Craig Newmark of Craigslist.com
  2. John Grimes, CIO, U.S. Department of Defense, and Assistant Secretary of Defense for Networks and Information Integration
  3. Philip Rosedale, CEO, Linden Lab
  4. Ralph Szygenda, CIO, General Motors
  5. Don Tapscott
  6. Thomas Dolby
  7. David Weinberger
  8. Robert Scoble
  9. Cory Doctorow

For some reason the Groucho Marx quip -- "I would never join a club that would have me as a member" -- comes to mind, although I really don't feel that way in this case. I have kicked off with the so aptly titled post, So This Guy Walks Into A Bar, And ..., where I deftly sidestep the reasons that CMP would ask me to be involved in the Internet Evolution project: I'm flattered, but baffled. However, I do divulge something, a project I have dreamed up. I plan to write a series over the next six months at Internet Evolution, leading -- I hope -- to a book. My working title is The Social Revolution: Why The New Web Matters, and my next post will be What's The Web Worth?. Stay tuned, Edglings: more to follow.

No comments:

Toplist